Search Your Hymn

GOD OF MERCY

God of mercy, and compassion, look with pity upon me,
Father, let me call the Father, ‘tis thy child returns to thee,
Jesus Lord, I ask for mercy, Let me not implore in vain,
All my sins I now detest them, never will I sin again.

Feed your faint and weary people with the the richness of your Word,
Make us strong to fight temptation, with your Body and your Blood,
Save us from weak resignation to the evils we deplore,
May our search for truth and meaning give us joy for evermore.

God of grace and God of glory, pour on us your Spirit’s power,
May this season bring us healing, your redemption in us flower,
Cure our hatred, end our factions, bend our pride to your control,
Purge us from all selfish actions, till we reach our Easter goal.

Save us  now, from weak resignation, to the evils we deplore,
May our search for truth and meaning give us joy for evermore.