Search Your Hymn

REPROACHES



Antiphon  1        My  people,  what  have  I  done  to  you
                           How  have  I  afflicted  you,  answer  Me.

Antiphon   2       Holy  God  mighty  God,  holy  immortal  one
                           Have  mercy.      

It   was  I  who  brought  you out  of  the  land  of  Egypt
And   you  have  prepared  a  cross  for  Your  Saviour    (Ant.1)

It  was  I  who  for   Your  sake  scourged  Egypt  through  its  first  born,
And  you  have  scourged  Me  and  betrayed  Me.  (Ant 2)

It  was  I  who  opened  the  sea  before  you,
And  with  a  spear  My  side  you  have  opened.  (Ant  1)

It  was  I  who  drew  from  the  rock of  salvation  for  you  to  drink,
And  you  have  given  Me  gall  and  vinegar  to  drink    (Ant. 2)

It   was  I  who  gave  you  a   royal  sceptre,
And  you  have  put  on  My  head  a  crown  of  thorns    (Ant.1)

It  was  I  who  exalted   you  with  great  power And  on  the  gibbet  of  the  cross  you  have  hanged  me  (Ant. 2)